We investigate potential future coal price pathways, for both SA export and domestic markets and explore the potential "coal supply cliff" that might emerge circa 2030. Required reading for anyone involved in the coal markets. Free to members or US$500 for non-members.
Our GIS database is available as a Google Earth .kmz file with ten layers:
- All African Coal Fields (group by country)
- Coal Consumers (group by industry type)
- Coal Producers (group by company, division)
- Fuel Depots (group by company)
- Farm Boundaries (currently only for Mpumalanga coalfields)
- Pipelines (group by company)
- Ports (group by country)
- Power Stations (biomass, coal, gas, hydro, nuclear, solar & wind)
- SA Rail Infrastructure (sidings and track network)
We have mapped over 200 coal mines and projects (showing mining lease area), as well as all power projects from REIPPP 1-4. Your annual subscription entitles you to 4 quarterly updates. Free to members or US$100 for non-members.